“The Future of Travel” 20 Aug 2020
Dateline: France, Rhone River. 20 Aug 2020
What’s Happening With The future of Travel This Week?
Since the beginning of COVID 19, our team has been bringing you a weekly update of the future of travel, created a community for our Nomads and for our stays. These groups are for you to have conversations about where to go next as a nomad swap ideas and help each other. For the stays (gite owners, hostel, we created a telegram group to discuss different ways to assist nomads, improve business and bring new business to your town and company.
What Mark covers in this weeks chat:
The Future of Travel – 20 August
Here is some of what is covered:
- Croatia, Ecuador and Ghana achieve Safe Travels Stamp from WTTC which means no isolation if you arrive with a test done in the past 72 hours
- Italy allows an isolation exemption for people coming in from Croatia with a negative test too
- Some uptick in the COVID 19 numbers growing means areas that we were deemed safe before now require isolation – visits to the Balearic Islands of Spain now require isolation in Germany
- Only the last month there was a hugely successful charter flight to Balearic islands from Germany of 12,000 travellers
- You must go into quarantine for as long as you don’t have a negative test result.
- “Montenegro will open its borders with Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Albania, Kosovo, North Macedonia, and Western European countries from tomorrow,”
- A PCR negative test or a serological ELISA would most likely be needed to enter Montenegro.
- Last month we saw hotel room prices crash €1500 – €300
- Serbia rates went up for holiday apartments as no-one could leave the country
- Qantas now saying no international until July 2021
- The good news about travel
- More properties are opening again – 56% in the US from a recent study
- Vaccines getting close in some countries
- Even Australia hinting as a mandatory vaccine for the population and visitors
- MUST BE FAST TO GRAB WINDOWS OF OPPORTUNITY
- Another Aussie left Bali and instead of $3000 and 14 isolation chose Belarus for his next destination
- Be fast and grab the opportunities
- Be safe
- Open-air locations still winning
- Open-air restaurants
- TESTS look like being a key matter – 72-hour windows
- SPEED to act
- TAKE A CALCULATED RISK – WATCH THE STATS and form a considered opinion
- Watch for Visa issues again as Visa Extensions run out in some countries
- Be careful of civil unrest
- Good news – PRICES STILL DOWN IN MANY NOMAD LOCATIONS
Mark Phillips the Founder of Nomad Stays coming to you from the Rhone River in France. #20.8
Travel Quote of the day
We love to inspire you to explore more of the world and to go off the beaten track so while Paris is always a good idea so is the Loire Valley and the Rhone-Alps where there is a lot to explore and an adventure playground!
Check out our latest Nomad Stays in France.
Your WELCOME to Join us…
If you have not joined as a member yet then join now it’s FREE!
Join Mark and Dakar our CHO (Chief Happiness Officer) next week for more updates on “The future of travel”.
Follow Dakar Dingo on Twitter, Insta, Facebook, @dakardingo